ISIC – student benefits
Identification cards for entry to the JAMU buildings (student cards or ISIC cards) will be issued to students from September 2020 at the Information Centre JAMU, IVU Centre Astorka, Novobranská 3. Students are required to renew their cards with a revalidation stickers at the beginning of each academic year. From 15 September 2020, it will be possible to pay for the cards and revalidation stickers only through the shopping centre in the JAMU IS, see here https://is.jamu.cz/obchod/fakulta/JAMU/ The Information Centre JAMU will only issue the cards – it will no longer be accepting cash payments. The most up-to-date information concerning, for example, the opening hours of the Information Centre can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/infocentrumjamu/
Reference to the Directive on the Introduction and Use of JAMU Identification Cards: Directive on the Introduction and Use of JAMU Identification Cards
NOTICE REGARDING THE VALIDITY OF ISIC CARDS
We would like to inform you that only a valid ISIC card can be used outside of the university. The validity of the licence is extended only by the REVALIDATION STICKER valid until 12/2021, which you can purchase through the shopping centre in IS JAMU and pick up at the Information Centre JAMU.
Without a valid licence, your card will be removed from the national database of valid cards on 1 February 2021.
Due to the state of emergency and the current epidemiological situation in the Czech Republic, the Information Centre JAMU will be open until further notice only on Mondays from 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm and on Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm.
Thank you for your understanding.
Show folder in IS (may contain more files)/do/jamu/doc/5451/studium/sluzby_studentum/
JAMU students can use the Academic Canteen of the Masaryk University on Moravské náměstí.
The Canteen offers
- traditional Czech dishes
- fast meals made to order
- international dishes
- regional dishes prepared from Czech-produced foods
- meatless and low-fat meals
- vegetable and pasta salads
- lunch and breakfast soups
- vegetable and fruit salads, desserts, cakes
- hot and cold soft drinks
Lunches and dinners are served during the following hours
|Ground floor – student’s servery|
|Mon – Fri||11:00 am – 3:00 pm|
|lunches are served only until 2:00 pm|
The recording studio of the Theatre on Orlí Street is a newly opened unique facility in the historic centre of Brno. Our studio offers top acoustic properties, great technical equipment and professional staff – you can turn your projects into reality while enjoying above-standard conditions.
- The studio is suitable for recording classical, jazz, popular and film music, as well as spoken word and dubbing.
- The studio building occupies two basement floors and it is structurally designed as a house within a house that is completely isolated from external noises. The room acoustics were designed by a top German company of Prof. Ahnert.
- There are several rooms available with different acoustic properties
- Solid State Logic Duality SE mixing console
- A collection of microphones by DPA, Neumann, Schoeps, Sennheiser, AKG, Shure
- Shigeru-Kawai Concert Grand
- Gretsch USA Custom drum kit
- Minimoog Voyager, Hammond organ, Rhodes e-piano and other instruments
- The recordings are made by professional staff.
- Clients have the option of parking directly in the building.
- We provide interesting discounts for students of music and for non-commercial entities.
Information System JAMU (electronic admission applications, information on admission procedure, … )
- Aleph Catalogue (aleph.jamu.cz)
- Play with A Pro Database
- Login to databases via Shibboleth (eduID)
- Citace PRO
- WEBMAIL (webmail.jamu.cz)
- Documents (dokumenty.jamu.cz)